Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God. 1 Corinthians 10:31 (KJV)
- 1 kg of calamari
- 800 ml of Greek olive oil
- 4 tablespoons of flour
- Salt to taste
- ½ of lemon for garnish
- Place the calamari into a bowl and clean them with plenty of water.
- Remove and throw away the insides and the eyes.
- Remove and throw away the thin skin.
- Cut into thin rings and cut the tentacles into half.
- Wash the calamari pieces into a colander.
- Allow them to drain.
- Add salt, pepper and flour. Shake them so excessive flour is removed
- Add the olive oil into a pan. Bring to boil over high heat.
- Add the calamari to hot oil. Fry them until they get a nice golden color (max 3-4 minutes)
- Put them on absorbent paper.
- Taste to see if additional salt is needed. Add to taste.
- Squeeze a lemon over them.
- Serve while still hot.
Don’t forget to eat this Greek calamari with some ouzo. Stay tuned for more Greek traditional recipes. Enjoy!